Monday, October 24, 2011

Step off Burn Notice!

 I can't believe it has taken me a week to get this down!  Last week I was at Michael's Crafts waiting in line for one of two registers.  Then, another cashier announces that she'll take the next person in line.  I hate this.  I somehow always get screwed.  However, she made eye contact with me and waved me over, so I begin to walk over and this guy in hat and sunglasses saunters ahead of me.  To his credit, he did not have a clue about me and the cashier's pre-arranged agreement.  But the cashier was about to let me down!  She looked at me and then looked at him....and I knew she was not going to take action, which required me to do so.

"Excuse me, she just called the next person in line and that's me.  Thanks." and I plunk my 2 items down.  He just drawled a "Well, alright."  Yeah, I asserted myself!  I'm trying to hurry up and pay since I kinda felt like a bee-yotch by being so bold. 

The cashier meanwhile begins to ask the guy, "Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Johnny Depp?" 

The guy replies, "No, I've never heard that one."

"Are you sure?"

Well, now I have to take a look at this character since I think I'm pretty good at pinpointing what celebrity you most closely resemble.  Oh lordy.  He resembles a celebrity because HE IS A CELEBRITY!!!  I just told Burn Notice's (interestingly known in Brazil as Operação Miami)
Michael Westin (his true name is Jeffrey Donovan) to step off!!! 

The hat and sunglasses could not hide his strong jaw, that usually looks perpetually clenched, and as he continued to assure the cashier that he did not resemble Mr. Depp his voice was also unmistakable.  On the show, his character usually sounds annoyed as explains the ins and outs of a proposed operation to whatever hapless individual has gotten themselves into trouble.  Yep, he sounds like that in real life.

Now, I'm practically snorting and giggling at the fact that the cashier is still trying to convince Donovan/Westin of his celebrity doppleganger-ness!  I suppose his girlfriend guessed that he was getting too much attention and proceeded to shower him with hugs and kisses. (Calm down honey, we know he's taken.)  And also remind him to use their Michael's 40% off coupon!  They use coupons!

He was a little scruffy as he appeared unshaven, but he's taller than I imagined (he's at least 5'11" MAYBE 6' which is pretty tall for Hollywood).  Trust me, he may look slim on the show but he's even slimmer in person.  They aren't kidding when they say the camera adds 10 pounds.   

Believe me, I soooooo wanted to get a pic with my iPhone, but I felt awkward particularly because I am not smooth with the app.  I know this was a special moment for Donovan/Westin as well since celebrities are always claiming that they just want to be treated like everyone else! Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment